Updated: Jun 22
NoFap seems to be all the rage these days in the self help community. And it's easy to see why with its bold claims.
Increased energy levels
Improved focus and concentration
Increased physical performance
Improved or even cured erectile dysfunction
Improved sperm quality
A huge boost in confidence
Increased motivation and willpower
Lower levels of stress and anxiety
Heightened spirituality (Whatever this means)
Self-acceptance (Again whatever this means)
Improved attitude and appreciation toward other sexes
I pulled these from Healthline. But you would swear it could cure cancer from listening to some of these guys on YouTube.
It's all bullshit with the exception of sexual expectations. And the root cause isn't the masturbation itself. I'll explain later.
The main problem with Nofap is you are constantly thinking about it. This is the main issue I have with 12 step programs and psycho therapy (for most people). But that's a discussion for another time.
1. Constantly being fixated on something as trivial as masturbation is a huge waste of time. There are a million and one thing's to focus on. Whether or not I jerk it or how many times a day, simply shouldn't be one of them. If buttering your corncob makes the list of things you focus on. The problem isn't the masturbation itself. If you happen to beat it that day then so what? It should be like someone saying Hello to you driving by at 70 Mph on the highway. You shrug your shoulders and move on with your life.
2. It becomes your identity and you wear it like a badge of honor. No one cares that you don't beat off. Real winners have more important stuff to worry about than whether or not they (or you) beat their meat. It's just simply a non issue. We have become so comfortable in our lives that we are actually worrying about the masturbation habits of people.
3. Want to get someone to do something? Tell them they can't. And then keep reminding them they cant. Make it taboo. They become neurotic about it. It's ridiculous. Stop giving power to dumb shit.
4. The cost to benefit ratio is non existent. The claims of NoFap are so outrageous and unsupported that it should come with an FDA warning. Even if the claims were remotely true. The juice simply isn't worth the squeeze. In other words, the time, energy, and frustration that would come from thinking about not jerking off that much would negate any benefits. I would say it has reverse benefits.
5. It's perfectly fine and healthy. Of course jacking it 10 times a day everyday isn't normal or healthy. Why are we creating a movement around common knowledge? Overindulgence of almost everything is not good. To much water, to much exercise, to much tv, to much phone. The list goes on. You don't have to be smart, just don't be dumb.
The only area I see any issue at all with choking your chicken is conflating real life with porn and fantasy. This isn't a problem that is innately linked to fapping or porn. It's really just related to being young and inexperienced or a complete dumbass. Or Both.
If you're living a fulfilling life of abundance. And have a good mixture of experiences as you progress through manhood you'll automatically come to realize that masturbation/porn and sex, while similar sometimes, have very real differences. If you need to force yourself to stop beating off in order to respect women or realize porn and real sex have key differences then you have bigger issues my friend.
until next time, Live with GRIT